Monday, November 7, 2011

Almost Over

I can’t believe my exchange is almost over. I’m going back to my small and peaceful city in a couple of weeks. Back to my campus with its old buildings and spend my weekend wandering in those tiny malls with mom. Leaving this developed country with all the great facilities. The weird thing is…. I can’t wait!!!


I know that I cannot compare Yogyakarta with Singapore. Perhaps, in many aspect Singapore is way better than Yogyakarta. Cleaner, low crime rate, better campus, better libraries, bigger malls, and so on. But I still miss my hometown. I miss eating on the pedestrian, miss going to crowded hot yet really cheap batik market, miss riding my scooter, miss hanging out with the girls in the cheap cafe with dime light. What I miss the most is about how live in Yogyakarta is 24 hours. I can always go at 2 in the morning just to find a gudeg place that just open and fresh, or 6 am and found fresh porridge scattered everywhere. But….. it is also not easy to leave Singapore.


I am experiencing what Robin, from How I met Your Mother, called as graduation goggles. “It is the nostalgic feeling one has about a time or someone in their life when it is about to end, even if the time was completely miserable.” ( I found the description here, little weird)


I don’t like my room here, compare to my own room, this one is too cramp and it has no AC and shared bathroom with expensive rate. I also don’t like the lack of entertainment here. Most of the weekends were boring. The options are clubbing, shopping, or doing nothing. Three things that I couldn’t do if I’m broke. 


Ahhh… now that I remembered, there’s a seesha in arab street, which was fun, but somehow always ended up badly. First time I went seesha, I ended up in a weird bar, second time ended up with me and Ankur running all the way to catch the last bus. So, that were some of my weekends.


Some might ended up badly but I will miss it. I even gonna miss the most lousy weekend where some of us just stay in the lounge, either studying or daydreaming…..


Now that I know I’m gonna miss the bad part of it, I also realize I’m gonna miss the good part of it, my new friends. I think in the first week when I am back in Yogya, I’ll miss the lounge. Especially because I spent most of my evenings chilling out there. 


But it just gonna happen so there’s nothing I can do except make the most of it…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tentang Bawa Keluarga ke Belanda dengan beasiswa LPDP

  Udah hampir balik, malah baru update soal berangkat. Hehehehe…. Nasib mamak 2 anak tanpa ART ya gini deh, sok sibuk. But here I am, nulis ...