Wednesday, April 23, 2014

fashion show

So I went to a fashion show event last night. It was the first time in my life to go on such event, considering that I am not a socialite, not that fashionable and not a princess.



How did I get the invitation as a nobody? Well, my designer mba Alma invited my mom and I to the event and she was one of 21 designers that joined the fashion show.



My comment, the fashion show was great, the big ballroom, the food, in general I had a lot of fun.



But after around dozen designers showed off their collections, I got bored and left after I watched mba Alma’s collection.



Besides the fashions show, I was very curious with the audience. I read Cosmopolitan and many fashion blogs, so I expected fashionable crowds and at the same time I was worried with my own outfit. (FYI, I wore a batik dress from Bringharjo market and my ankle boots).



It turned out that the crowds were not as fashionable as I thought. Well some people did dressed up, but many others wore simple batik dresses like my mom and I. I guess the ones that dressed up were either designers or Yogyakarta’s socialites.



Well it’s Jogja, so it’s obvious that the fashions show was somewhat a little humble, at least for me.



Other things that glimpsed my eyes were some people in casual attire of jeans and shirts with backpacks. Yup, they were the media.



Back when I was a reporter, every time I attended such glamorous events with formal dress code, I always looked for other reporters who usually wore casual clothes like I was. I guess it become a habit to automatically spot reporters on the field.



Not only that, I also felt the urged to pay huge attention to the show and the speeches, as a preparation to write, which was totally unnecessary because I was there as an audience.



It was not helping, when a friend of mine text me asking if I was there to cover the fashions show…



It was just getting more and more sad.



I hate to admit it, but I do miss being a reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tentang Bawa Keluarga ke Belanda dengan beasiswa LPDP

  Udah hampir balik, malah baru update soal berangkat. Hehehehe…. Nasib mamak 2 anak tanpa ART ya gini deh, sok sibuk. But here I am, nulis ...