Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Week 24, preparing mitoni

My 24th week. The bump is getting bigger, slightly.



And now i’m preparing my baby shower, which will be held in a traditional javanese event called mitoni.



Honestly i dont really know what or how the event will be because i never see or attend any mitoni my whole life.



What i know so far are,
-the time for mitoni is when the mother is 7 months pregnant.
-it is only for the first child, so i guess this is my only mitoni for the rest of my life?
-there will be a siraman, in which i am showered with some special water (i believe it come from different sources/places)
-and somehow i have to change clothes 7 times. (I really need to read more about this šŸ˜£šŸ˜£šŸ˜£šŸ˜£)



Since the event will be held in jogja, i really cant do much here from jakarta. My parents handle all the hustle hustle in jogja.



We already have the dukun which understand the mitoni and will guide us through the whole process.



The same dukun will also set decoration for the siraman, which i believe will be filled with jasmine.



Hubby is still looking for photographer.



And we still need to get matching outfit, kebaya and sorjan, for hubby and i.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tentang Bawa Keluarga ke Belanda dengan beasiswa LPDP

  Udah hampir balik, malah baru update soal berangkat. Hehehehe…. Nasib mamak 2 anak tanpa ART ya gini deh, sok sibuk. But here I am, nulis ...