Saturday, February 7, 2015

First trimester

First of all Bismillah…

As a javanese, or Indonesian… not so sure about this, there is this saying about not announcing or talking about pregnancy until it reaches 3 months or around 12 weeks or “else.” I’m on my 11th now so.. *finger crossed.*

Usually I’m not the type of person who believes in superstitions. But this is for my baby, so i just dont wanna risk it. 

Anywho, I’m in the mood to write about it.  

So in the very first week:

I was actually on my super late honeymoon in Bali. I didn’t know I was pregnant so hubby and I just went ahead to enjoy our holiday. I rode motorcycle from morning until evening, going from one tourist spot to another. Not a good example for pregnant women. Thank goodness nothing happened. As for my body, I didn’t feel nausea nor did I vomit, which explained why I didn’t realize I was pregnant. I was just, hungry, like all the time. i ate twice as much and I must say I also didn’t aware of that. Not until hubby kept saying he was full while I was still hungry. Then I thought, maybe I just had a thing with balinese food :p

Second to around Fourth week:

We went to the doctor and it was positive. I’m pregnant. Still no nausea and vomit. But i did fart a lot. I also felt sleepy most of the days. And I was still hungry but had no appetite for any food in Jakarta. I wanted to eat many food in my hometown, Yogyakarta, instead. So I decided to stay with my parents for a while. It was good as I had my appetite back.

Fifth to tenth weeks:

This is where it gets tricky. I just dont feel like eating. And somehow I had no energy. Since I was so bored at home, I went outside just to freshen up. I went to my campus, met some friends, shopping, and other activities. But after around 2-3 hours, I just felt so sleepy and had no energy. So I started keeping snacks in my bag because, apparently, I need to eat something every 2-3 hours.

Tenth to eleventh weeks:

The nausea finally kicks in. I vomit daily. Still had no energy and no appetite. My weight is actually decreasing by 2 kg. My doctor said it was normal. She also said I didn’t need to eat a lot if my nausea got worse. Just make sure to drink at least 6 glass of water or juice and the baby will grow just fine. I actually tried once to push myself to eat despite the nausea and i vomited immediately after I ate, so i stopped doing that and just listen to my doctor’s advice.

I’m about to enter my second trimester in a week or so. Hopefully I will get my strength back because I hate doing nothing. And I wish i can eat some of the foods that I cannot eat right now. I really really want to eat durian pancake, but durian is bad for expecting mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tentang Bawa Keluarga ke Belanda dengan beasiswa LPDP

  Udah hampir balik, malah baru update soal berangkat. Hehehehe…. Nasib mamak 2 anak tanpa ART ya gini deh, sok sibuk. But here I am, nulis ...